Let’s have some fun and really space out with some absurd
I am not going to put them in any special order, just as they come to
1. What if we had a mayor. Who would roll up his sleeves and get in the trenches with the rest of the city workers, to find out how the city
really operates in the real day-to-day world? What if he were gagged so he could not pontificate while learning?
2. What if they just put a for sale sign on the Bentley. Thats all.Let it sell it self. As a multi-use building. No gardens. No courts. No squares. No shit. No back door deals. Same with the Fullton…FOR SALE!
3.What if some or all of the City Council would work for the betterment of Alexandria?What if they had thought about the city progressing and forgot about penny ante increases in fees and admissions. Their constituents could just not get that nail job or do with out a six-pack of beer or pack of cigarettes and not be affected by the fee increases in any way what so ever. What if the bald-headed pinhead who caused the confusion suddenly acquired some common sense? (Scares you at the thought of that happening?) Don’t worry it will not ..What if the council quit worring about votes and started thinking about Alexandria?????
4. What if the land in the stockyard development were just put up for sale to the highest bidder for commercial development? What if they just let the cowchips fall as they may? Selective development aint gonna work there.
5. What if everyone boycotted the TownTalk until they put their money into reporting the day-to-day news of Alexandria? What if the more reporters they added the more advertising revenue would increase? What if they did some investigative reporting and their circulation would double?
6. What if the police department of Alexandria looked for the top-level dope dealer and distributors and put foot patrols on the streets of Alexandria?
What if we got a police chief who could do what he was hired to do without being micro managed by the mayors flunkies?
7. What if the tourism promotion of Alexandria actually focused on the gigantic potential of Central Louisiana and forgot about entertaining our mostly uncaring local population? What if the actually tried to do their job and reached out to other states for tourist? What if tourism came from out-of-state and not from the surrounding little towns?
8. What if we threw GAEDA under the bus? Bulldozed it? Outsourced it to Masonic Drive? Who or what would it effect other than the dead heads drawing a salary?
What if I post these and see what the reaction is and then do more later, because there is much much more…